Well hello there! I’m Erin Broline and I started Running With Roots at the beginning of 2021 to help other women discover the same passion for running (if you can’t tell, trails are my favorite) and smart training that I’ve developed over the past 7 years of being involved in the sport. My goal is not just for you to become a runner, but to become a well-rounded runner.
Beginning runners are some of my favorite people to talk to and work with because they have so much budding excitement about running. I’ve created a list of some of my most helpful posts for beginners to get you started as you navigate the site.
Running for Beginners (Road or Trail)
- How to Start Running: An 8 Week Guide for Total Beginners
- The 8 Best YouTube Running Channels to Watch in 2022
- 10 Reasons to Try Trail Running
- 7 Mistakes Beginning Trail Runners Make
- Trail Running Gear You Can Find on Amazon
Do you need some running motivation?
- 17 Reasons to Love Running
- 8 Great Ways to Pass the Time on Your Next Long Run
- What to Do When Your Race Doesn’t Go as Planned
Want to learn how to be your own coach and plan your own training?
- The Running Journal: What is it and What Should it Include?
- 6 Benefits of Keeping a Running Journal
- 5 Different Ways to Keep a Running Journal (And the Pros and Cons of Each)
- How to Create SMART Running Goals in 2022
Become a more well-rounded runner through cross-training, strength training, and nutrition
- Strength Training for Runners: Should Runners Lift Weights?
- Pilates for Runners: Is it Worth It?
- What to Eat After a Run | 5 Plant-Based Recovery Foods for Runners
- Workout Recovery Smoothie Recipe | Decadent Chocolate Covered Cherry
As you browse through the site, please feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, or suggestions you may have. I’m always looking for content ideas that would resonate with my readers and I would love to hear from you. You can email me at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in exercise or training I recommend, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Running With Roots from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Running With Roots. Please speak with a medical professional before making any changes to your diet or exercise. I am not a doctor or registered dietitian. The views expressed are based on my own experiences, and should not be taken as medical, nutrition or training advice.